Thursday, June 7, 2012

Go Here and Do This: Puppet Edition

When Lucas was about 3
Paul took him to see

It was a fantastic thing for two reasons:

1. It was proof positive that Paul
was a creative and fun loving parent
in ways I hadn't thought of
(yes I was a little jealous).

and

2. After that day
Lucas forever remembered
"Downtown Los Angeles"
and all of its 
magic and buildings and wonder, oh my!
For about 2 years
if the city was in his eyeline,
he was shouting,
"DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES!"

Sadly,
after 40 years and a gazillion sets of wonder-filled eyes,
the theater is near bankruptcy

Good ol' Bob says
if he loses the theater,
he'll take the show on the road,
but without the ambiance of that old theater
it just won't be the same.

Tickets are only $15
for all humans
over the age of 2.

It's been on my to-do list
for the Jamester,
but I just never got around to it.


Now we MUST go.

No comments:

Post a Comment