Thursday, January 3, 2013

See Ya '12

The week before Thanksgiving I was
almost done with my Christmas cards
and half-way done with my gift shopping.

I was pretty impressed with myself.

And then I blinked and I was wrapping gifts
on Christmas Eve
because I don't know what happened
but suddenly I was way behind schedule.

The holidays were a blur
and I've been near death with the flu
since Monday
so here
(3 days late)
is my end of 2012 post.

January:

was for my 29th birthday


And February:

 was for flying


March:

 was for a retreat in the snow


And April was:

 for starting a new job


and art museum adventures


May was a month for:

roaming in L.A.


and falling for this guy


June:

 was a visit from this lady


a lost job,

and a trip to Palm Springs


July:

 was for frozen peanut butter pie


And August:

 was for splashing


and sunsets


September:

 we went to Sequoia


and pre-school


and third grade


In October:

my favorite girl and I ran from zombies


I threw a party


and my mom remained
the most awesome grandma
of all time.


November:

 was for turkey


and voting


Not in that order

And December was spent:

in early Christmas with the cousins


setting up dad's old train set


tracking Santa


and having everything I've ever wanted.


We got all dolled up
and watched one of our favorites
get married


and we rang in the new year just like last year...
on the couch.

Last year I left a NYE party early to go home to Paul,
and there on my couch
right around midnight
is when we decided to give this,
to give us,
just the slightest try.

This year I felt pretty crappy at the party we were at,
and we ended up home around 11.
I passed out on the couch
and Paul kissed me awake at midnight
before putting me to bed.

I love him.


This year has been charmed.

Magic and joy from our family to yours.

Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment